Growing Grapes and Winery Escapes

Oklahoma events and family travel blog. Resources for wine tasting, RV sites, Oklahoma outdoors, river camping, grape growing, winery tours and promotional events in Oklahoma.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Where not to buy juice concentrates

This came to me from a friend in the Oklahoma wine industry. He wanted to share his story about the company Juice Products Unlimited of Chicago, IL represented by Barry Ripkin. They displayed some very poor judgment which caused him much stress, consider yourself warned...

I thought it might be useful information for others who have use for juice concentrates to know that Juice Products Unlimited of Chicago, IL represented by Barry Ripkin lost a shipment I had ordered the first week in July. When it didn't arrive as promised I called Barry Ripkin to let him know and he made arrangements for another shipment.

Because the lost shipment put us behind production schedule, I called to tell them we needed the juice immediately. They had determined (without calling me) that they couldn't deliver the product as fast as I wanted it and cancelled the order.

Rather than attempt to expedite our order or try to be helpful, they further delayed our production.

Since there is more than one supplier of juice concentrates I thought people would like to know of my experience before placing an order with a company whose customer service is, in my opinion, less than satisfactory.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DISAGREE WITH THIS CHARACTERIZATION OF JUICE PRODUCTS UNLIMITED. i FOUND JUICE PRODUCTS UNLIMITED TO BE AN EXCELLENT SUPPLIER AND BARRY RIPKIN , AN OUTSTANDING INDUVUDUAL.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Dianne M. Jones said...

I appreciate your comment and sincerely thank you for your opinion. Your CAPS indicate to me that you feel very passionately about this issue and I'm glad you took the time to share that with my readers.

I am personally unbiased about Juice Products Unlimited and Barry Ripkin. In July, 2008 they messed up (in multiple ways) a large order to one of our local wineries, causing much stress, missed deadlines and unhappy people. That is not a characterization, but a fact drawn from the experience of one large order.

I offer in-house products/services and sometimes things simply go wrong. When that happens, I take it very personally and I try my hardest to make "things right" with my client. Sometimes people will be angry no matter what, but if I have done everything I can to rectify the situation, then I have to “accept it” and move on.

Now almost one year later, I receive the first positive comment on this company and posted it immediately.

Did they reform the system since 08? Was the order last year just a random occurrence? Do they deal with bad situations in a professional and customer friendly way when things go wrong? I simply do not know the answers to those questions and will not find out until more people like you comment on their experiences.

- Dianne M. Jones

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home